33 Church Street, Tamworth, Staffs, B797BX
Home  |  About  |  Prices  |  Gallery  |  Attractions  |  Contact
Home  |  About  |  Prices  |  Gallery  |  Attractions  |  Contact
A Bit About The Pub ...

The pub has been with the Kane family for nearly ten years and is a family business. The pub has seven rooms for accommodation with a decked garden and is very busy and lively at weekend due to being right in the town centre with all the main nightlife right on the door step. The old stone cross is the oldest pub in Tamworth built around 1290.

The name for the stone cross comes from the stone cross in the market place in which people used the to sharpen their swords. The pub also has tunnels running under it that used to go to various place such as the castle, church and police station until they were blocked up with only parts still visible.

It is said Dick Turpin stayed here on his way to London and escaped through the tunnels when the guard's realised who he was. Over the years the pub has had some changes, in 1974 they rebuilt the front of the pub and even though the pub over the years has been done out it's has kept a lot of its original features like the beams and fireplace, With its most recent refurbishment in 2012.
www.theoldstonecross.co.uk
The Old Stone Cross, 33 Church Street, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B797BX, United Kingdom
Tel: 07778 984 385,  Email: theoldstonecross@gmail.com